Invisalign in Sydney
Have you ever been upset by the alignment or spacing of your teeth? Do you worry whether your crooked teeth are affecting your smile? When you suffer from overcrowded, crooked, misaligned or over-spaced teeth then invisible braces such as Invisalign™ and ClearCorrect™ may be a viable way to straighten your smile and boost your confidence.
Misaligned teeth and bite problems, such as over-bites and under-bites, are not only confidence sapping they may also pose hygiene issues. This is because awkwardly aligned teeth provide places for plaque and bacteria to hide and build up. Places that might be difficult to clean with regular oral hygiene methods. So a treatment that straightens your teeth, such as Invisalign™ and ClearCorrect™, may go a long way towards giving you a big, healthy smile.
From our Sydney based clinics we offer the latest in Invisalign™ and ClearCorrect™ technology, supported by our highly qualified dentists. This means you can be sure of a highly professional treatment in a fully equipped facility.
How Invisalign Works
At About Smiles Sydney, we perform a bracketless procedure for teeth realignment, commonly known as invisible braces instead of traditional orthodontics. This means rather than using metal or ceramic brackets we apply clear aligners. These are perfect for adults because you won’t have to worry about feeling self-conscious while your teeth are being realigned since the process is virtually invisible.
The technique involves creating a series of sheer, plastic aligners that will gradually adjust your teeth over time into the desired position. The final position will be decided based on the recommendation of the dentist, with your agreement. The procedure involves:
- Taking an initial impression of your teeth
- Creating a 3D image from this impression
- Running a computer simulation to create the full set of custom aligners
- Fabricating the aligners and fitting them to maximise comfort
Once they have been fitted and you begin wearing them, adjustments will need to be performed approximately every 6 weeks to track the movement of your teeth and assess if any alterations are required. Depending on the severity of your teeth misalignment, the process can take from 6 months to 18 months.
This method comes with several distinct advantages over other methods used to create a confident, straight and healthy smile. These include:
- A clear material means less attention is drawn to your mouth, so you don’t have to feel self-conscious about the procedure, whatever your age
- Removable aligners mean keeping up good oral hygiene is easier. You’ll need to remove the aligner before eating and wash it before placing it back in your mouth
- The smooth plastic means less irritation for your cheeks and gums
- It doesn’t come with the same food restrictions that come with traditional orthodontics
- Aligners can be removed for short periods for special occasions
Discover a Straighter Smile
With invisible braces you can get the smile you’re after with a discreet procedure. Book a consultation today at our Sydney clinics here or call us Chatswood (02) 9415 3555, Zetland (02) 9313 6388, Westfield Eastgardens (02) 8488 9994.
Braces – we all remember the satellite wires that were worn in the early ’80s and ‘90s – they’re practically synonymous with that period in time. Today, we have a much better understanding of how teeth work and the most effective way to straighten them.
Here at About Smiles, we have a keen focus on helping you keep your smile as bright, beautiful, and bubbly as your personality. We specialise in straightening crooked, over-spaced or misaligned smiles through our fantastic Invisalign™ and ClearCorrect™ invisible braces which will not only boost your confidence but also work wonders for your oral hygiene and dental health generally.
Below, we’re going to explore everything our professional Sydney-based clinics and very own highly qualified team of dentists can do for your smile and discuss everything there is to know about invisible dental braces!
The Science Behind Invisible Braces
We’re passionate about making your smile pop and our bracketless teeth realignment cosmetic treatments are so popular because that’s exactly what they’ll do. Nobody wants to have clunky, traditional dental braces – they not only prohibit you from eating with ease but aren’t very aesthetically pleasing either.
We provide you with the ideal option for both adults and children! This invisible braces technique is simple and involves creating a series of plastic aligners that slowly but surely adjust your teeth into the right position.
Our professional dentists will determine the ideal, final position of your teeth with your approval and our invisible braces will do the rest of the work for you.
The procedure is simple and includes:
- Taking an initial scan of your teeth
- Creating a perfect 3D render from the scan
- Virtually creating an ideal fit for the custom invisible aligners
- Creating the actual aligners and fitting them for maximum comfort
Once our professional dentists fit the aligners, you shouldn’t feel any discomfort. Every six weeks, our in-house professionals will adjust your aligners and track the movement of your teeth to make sure everything is as it should be. If anything seems to be going in the wrong direction, these adjustments will help to eliminate any possible alignment issues.
The whole process can take six to eighteen months depending on the severity of your teeth misalignment.
The Benefits Of Invisalign
There are more benefits to invisible braces than you might think. This method has particular advantages over others::
- Less attention is drawn to your mouth – nobody will recognise that you’re wearing braces, doing wonders for your confidence.
- Aligners are fully removable, meaning you can clean your teeth thoroughly. They should be removed when you intend to eat and wash your teeth.
- Being fully removable, you have the capacity to take them out for a short amount of time, whenever you please
- Plastic aligners are soft and won’t irritate your cheeks and gums like traditional braces.
- You don’t have nearly as many food restrictions with invisible braces as you do traditional orthodontics.
Contact Us Today!
If you want to make sure that your smile is straight, beautiful and lights up a room, it’s time to contact us by clicking here or giving us a call! If you want to schedule an appointment or learn more about us, our procedures, and what we can do for you – call the following numbers based on the clinic closest to your location:
Chatswood (02) 9415 3555
Zetland (02) 9313 6388
Westfield Eastgardens (02) 8488 9994
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is it to get invisible braces?
The cost of invisible braces can range between $4000 – $8000 depending on the complexity of the case. Come in for a consultation and the dentist will be able to provide a treatment plan specific to you.
How do invisible braces work?
Invisible braces align the teeth by using a series of aligners to gradually align your teeth.